11/14/2006

Defeated...



there's like 5 gigs left out of 160 on my hard drive... so I did some research and bought a second hard drive... "oh it's easy to install, like 2 plugins..."... so I was confident I could do it myself... opened up my computer... oh, there's the two plugins, got it all plugged in and set in its spot... but wait... the power cable to it doesn't reach... I'll just swap its spot with the other hard drive... oh still doesn't quite reach... well I'll move the disk drive I never use down one slot so that the power cable will reach... ok... phew... finally got it all plugged in right. Put it back on my desk... plugged in all the cables and whatnot... turned on the power... "BEEP BEEP BEEP.........(silence/no response)"

oh crap...

pushed the power button again... the fan in the computer almost instantly revved up to like 3 times the normal speed and this massive cloud of dust came spewing out of the back that I'd stirred up from opening it and moving stuff around... but from where I was standing it looked like smoke pouring out of it!!! "OH CRAP OH CRAP OH CRAP!!!!"... shut it off... laughing horribly nervously when I realized it was dust and not that my computer had burst into flames... and moved everything back where it was originally and thankfull it turned back on with everything in tact and working. I guess I need to consult the Geek Squad... bummer...

1 comment:

Scott Kerchell said...

haha that dust bit made me laugh...I have only 40gb at the moment, but I have a brand new 160gb but havent put it in because i'd heard it will slow my system down. do you recon it would?